Mission & Vision
INFLUENCE. LEADERSHIP. PROTECTION.
We are dedicated to developing the professional skills and enabling the career growth of our diverse membership.
- to inform, connect and be the voice of the nation’s in-house counsel
- to be the primary source of advice, knowledge and information that our members need in order to maximize their value to their respective organizations
- to create opportunities for our members to share ideas and forge important domestic and global relationships
- to work with other Sections, Forums and Committees of the Canadian Bar Association on matters of mutual concern;
- to liaise with in-house counsel organizations in other jurisdictions; and
- to promote CCCA and CBA membership.
In an increasingly global environment, the CCCA creates opportunities for Canadian in-house counsel to maximize personal and professional growth and become leaders in their organizations and communities.
To achieve our mission, we focus our resources on the following six strategic objectives:
Community: The CCCA engages all in-house counsel to come together in a climate of fellowship and mutual support by creating opportunities for members to network and share accomplishments, experiences and knowledge.
Professional excellence: The CCCA enables members to enhance their skills and capabilities as in-house counsel by providing value-added resources, services and knowledge.
Career development: The CCCA supports members’ career growth by facilitating their access to career development pathways, information and support.
Advancing the practice: The CCCA promotes a positive perception of in-house counsel’s contribution by leveraging appropriate information-sharing opportunities within industry, government bodies and professional associations.
Supporting our Sections: The CCCA fosters our sections' growth by encouraging their development, supporting local activities. and providing opportunities for co-operation at the regional and national levels.
Being the Association of Choice: The CCCA encourages involvement in its activities and benefits by all levels of in-house counsel across Canada through CBA linkages, promotion, expanding membership benefits, leveraging technology to member advantage, and maximizing national presence.